Sweepstakes Terms & Conditions
2015 Oregon’s North Coast Sweepstakes
Sponsor: Oregon Tourism Commission (dba Travel Oregon), 250 Church St SE, Suite 100 Salem, OR 97301
Seaside: Two nights in a side ocean view room at Sand and Sea Condo Hotel; $50 dinner for two at Nonni’s Italian Bistro; private yoga lesson for two at Seaside Yoga; $25 breakfast for two at Osprey Café; $20 gift card for Funland Arcade; two games of bowling with shoe rental; $20 gift card for Fultano’s Pizza; and, helicopter ride for up to three riders by Seaside Helicopters.
Astoria-Warrenton: Two nights at the Hotel Elliott; $50 dining certificate at Buoy Beer; $90 dinner certificate at Baked Alaska; $30 gift certificate for Uptown Café; $10 gift certificate for Frite & Scoop; $10 gift certificate for Journey’s End Coffee Stand; two guest “Adventure in History” passes for the Clatsop County Historical Society family of museums; two guest passes for the Columbia River Maritime Museum; $25 gift certificate for Astoria Vintage Hardware; walking tour guide for downtown Astoria; one-day bike rental for two bikes from Bikes & Beyond; and, guided eight-line zip line tour for two adults from High Life Adventures.
Cannon Beach: Two nights lodging at the Hallmark Inn Resort; Spa Package at Elements by the Sea; $50 dinner for two at The Bistro Food & Restaurant; $50 breakfast for two at Wayfarer Restaurant; private guided tour of the Cannon Beach History Center and Museum; group class for two at Cannon Beach Yoga Arts; and, bike rental for two at Family FUNcycles.
Prize will be awarded in the form of individual gift certificates for all lodging and attractions. Certificates cannot be combined with other offers or discounts and must be presented for redemption. Lodging certificates not valid July, August, Holidays or Special Events. Check individual gift certificates for specific value, other expiration dates, availability and restrictions information.
Total value of this prize package is approximately $3,000.
All prize components are subject to availability. Some restrictions apply. If winner cannot accept prize as stated, prize will be forfeited in its entirety and the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may choose whether to award the prize to an alternate winner. All expenses not specified are winner’s sole responsibility. Winner will be notified by email. Please add email@example.com to your “safe senders” list to ensure the email notification is delivered to your inbox. Odds of winning will be determined by the number of entries received.
OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA (“U.S.”) AND CANADA (EXCLUDING QUEBEC) WHO ARE 21 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is open and offered only to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia (“U.S.”) and Canada (excluding Quebec), who are 21 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees of Sponsor, and its affiliates and subsidiaries, and their immediate family members (spouse, parent, sibling and their respective spouses, regardless of where they live) or persons living in the same households of such individuals, whether or not related, are not eligible to enter the Sweepstakes or win a prize. THE SWEEPSTAKES IS VOID IN PUERTO RICO, QUEBEC AND EVERYWHERE OUTSIDE OF THE UNITED STATES, CANADA AND WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. PROMOTION PERIOD: The Promotion begins on April 6, 2015 and ends at 11:59 pm PT on April 26, 2015.
3. TO ENTER: To enter this sweepstakes, visit https://visittheoregoncoast.com/northsweeps (“Web Site”), and access the sweepstakes entry form. Complete the entry form and submit as directed. Or, hand print your name, address, zip code, email address and phone number where you can be reached on a plain piece of 3”x5” paper and mail to: 2015 Oregon’s North Coast Sweepstakes, c/o Co-Operations, 20049 SW 112th Avenue, Tualatin, OR 97062. Entries must be received by deadline of sweepstakes (11:59 PST, on April 26, 2015). Sponsor’s server is the official clock for this promotion. Limit one entry per person.
4. DRAWING/PRIZE: A random drawing will be conducted by Sponsor after April 27, 2015 from among all eligible entries received to award the prize package.
5. GENERAL: Individual travel taxes may apply. The certificates are void if bartered or sold. If lost, the certificates will not be reissued.All taxes on prizes are sole responsibility of winner. Expenses relating to acceptance and use of prizes are the sole responsibility of winners. By participating, entrants agree a) to these rules and decisions of Sponsor which shall be final and binding in all respects and in all matters relating to this promotion; b) to release, discharge, indemnify and agree to hold harmless Sponsor, its advertising and promotion agencies and all of their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, agencies, agents and representatives and all of their respective employees, officers and directors (individually and collectively “Releasees”) from any liability or responsibility whatsoever for any claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages (whether due to negligence or otherwise) of any kind (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to, loss of or destruction of property, or rights of publicity or privacy), arising out of or in connection with the promotion or from their acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize, or participation in the promotion or any promotion related activity or travel related activity; and c) if a winner, by acceptance of prize, to the announcement/use of name, voice, image and likeness, at any time or times, for trade, advertising, publicity and promotional purposes without compensation (unless prohibited by law) by Sponsor and those acting pursuant to Sponsor’s direction, in all media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide, including but not limited to the World Wide Web, without notice, review or approval and agrees to execute specific consent to such use if asked to do so. In no event will Releasees be responsible or liable for any damages or losses of any kind, whether direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, punitive or other damages. Winner will be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility, liability and (where legal) a publicity release, which must be returned within the time period specified by Sponsor or prize may be forfeited. If any prizes or documents are returned as non-deliverable, or if a winner is found to be ineligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, winner will be disqualified and prize forfeited in its entirety and the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may choose whether to award the prize to an alternate winner. Releasees are not responsible and shall not be liable for: a) telephone, electronic, hardware or software or program, network, or Internet or computer malfunction, or any communications accessibility, availability or lines, or technical errors of any kind or by any human error which may occur in the processing of entries, or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry or other information, or the failure to capture, or loss of, any such or similar information; b) failed, incomplete, garbled, corrupted or delayed computer transmissions; c) lost, late, misdirected, mutilated, incomplete, illegible entries or postage-due mail, entries or email; or d) any condition caused by events that may cause the promotion to be disrupted or corrupted. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel or suspend the promotion or any portion thereof should computer hardware or software malfunctions (such as but not limited to virus, bugs, worms, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures) or any other causes corrupt the administration, security or proper play of the promotion, and select the winners from entries received prior to the action taken or in such other manner as deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor.
6. ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS: Releasees are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Web Site users, tampering, hacking or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the promotion and assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or technical error or unauthorized access to the Web Site. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the promotion or Web Site; to be acting in violation of the Official Rules; to be acting in violation of the terms of the Web Site, or to be acting in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Releasees are not responsible for injury or damage to participants’ or to any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes or downloading materials or programs or software to any computer, or downloading materials from or use of the Web Site. Any use of robotic, automatic, macro, programmed, third party, or like entry methods, will disqualify all entries using such methods. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. Entry information and entries become property of Sponsor. In case of dispute, the authorized subscriber of email account used to enter the Promotion, at actual time of entry, will be deemed to be participant and must comply with these Official Rules. Authorized account subscriber is deemed to be natural person who is assigned an email address by an Internet Access Provider, online service provider, or other organization that is responsible for assigning email addresses. No prize transfer or cash redemption or substitution, but Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize with prize of equal or greater value should prize become unavailable. All other expenses not specifically mentioned herein, including but not limited to, airline travel, airport taxes and fees, baggage fees, ground transportation, food, beverages, additional hotel amenities or fees and gratuities, are the responsibility of Winner and traveling companion.IN NO EVENT WILL RELEASEES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF INTERNET SITE www.visittheoregoncoast.com OR THE DOWNLOADING FROM OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM SAID SITE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING ON THIS SITE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OR LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.By accepting the prize, the Winner agrees to release and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of the prize in question. The potential prize Winner will be notified by home-delivered mail, phone, or email, and must sign and return to the Sponsor, or its designee (hereafter “Administrator,” within seven (7) days of the date of notice or attempted notice is sent, an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability & Publicity Release (if U.S. resident) or a Declaration of Compliance (if Canadian resident) in order to claim his/her prize. Note: The Affidavit sent to a US potential Winner will require that the Winner provide his/her Social Security Number to the Administrator, which will be used solely for tax reporting purposes. Prize Winner will be responsible for all local, state, and federal taxes associated with the receipt of the prize. An IRS Form 1099 will be filed in the name of the Winner for the value of the prize and the Winner is solely responsible for all matters relating to the prize after it is awarded (applicable if and only if the confirmed Winner is a U.S. resident). If a prize or prize notification is returned as unclaimed or undeliverable to the potential prize winner, if the potential Winner cannot be reached within seven (7) business days from the first notification attempt, or if the potential Winner fails to return requisite document(s) within the specified time period, or if the potential Winner is not in compliance with these Official Rules, then such person shall be disqualified and, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, an alternate winner may be selected.
7. CANADIAN RESIDENTS: Residents of Canada, in order to win, must first correctly answer a mathematical skill testing question. In the event of a Canadian winner, Sponsor, at its sole discretion may elect to award winner cash in lieu of the prize or deduct applicable withholding taxes imposed by the U.S. and applicable state governments.
9. DISPUTES: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules or the rights and obligations of Entrants’ and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Oregon, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other state’s or jurisdiction’s laws. By participating in the Sweepstakes, Entrant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be resolved individually without resort to any form of class action; (ii) any judicial proceeding in which Sponsor is a party shall take place in Marion County Circuit Court in the State of Oregon; (iii) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event will attorney fees be awarded or recoverable; (iv) under no circumstances will Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and Entrant hereby waives all rights to seek, punitive, incidental, exemplary, consequential, special damages, lost profits, other damages, or any rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased; and (v) Entrant’s remedies are limited to a claim for money damages (if any) and he/she waives any right to seek injunctive or equitable relief. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules will not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. If any provision of the Official Rules is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, the other provisions will remain in effect and will be construed as if the invalid or unenforceable provision were not contained herein.
10. WINNERS LIST: For a list of winners, mail a self addressed, stamped envelope to be received by April 27, 2015 to: 2015 Oregon’s North Coast Sweepstakes, c/o Co-Operations, 20049 SW 112th Avenue, Tualatin, OR 97062.